Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to That Makes Me Smile

You know the people you see everyday who always seem to be smiling? You know who I'm talking about. It's your favorite boss, the waitress who served you Buffalo wings, or even your favorite friend. Aside from their making you wonder what they are thinking behind that smile, doesn't it make you smile too? I know that it does for me. Well, at least when I'm not in one of those go to hell moods which occasionally rears its ugly head. When someone smiles at you it can brighten your day and give a good feeling.

For those who question, "You had a smiling boss?" Yes I did and she was wonderful. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that these folks don't have bad days because everyone day, but they are the ones who don't seem to let the day to day struggles bother them as much. And that is what this blog is all about, the things that make us smile. Or at least, the things That Make Me Smile. And as most people are similar in some respects my hope is that you will find something which will do the same for you.

So what is it which makes me smile today? The first thing which I thought of was a cat. Now normally I am not a cat person and as far as that goes, I would much rather see a cat chased by a dog. But the reason I say a cat is because of a little smart phone app I created with the Google App Inventor for Android. I love my Android phone so when I found that I could create my own app for it I thought it was a great idea. In the first tutorial the program walks you through creating a simple little app and it only took about 10 or 15 minutes to do it. The app, silly enough, was one which has the picture of a cat and when you tap it there is a meow sound. After putting it all together I downloaded it to my Android phone, a Motorola DROID for the curious, started it up and meow it went. THAT made me laugh and smile.

The question that I wonder about though is what is it which makes the smiley people smile all the time? That's what we are here to discover.

Smile until your face hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment