Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Those Crazy Kids

Can you picture this? A father walking with his daughter on a weekday morning. The little girl, who I would say was between 2 to 3 years old, had on a nice dress and black shoes. The father was dressed in shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes. The girl was holding his hand with her right hand and as they walked her left hand was on her hip. As they walked along, the girl's left arm would swing really far to the front and then to the back, alternating with each step. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Can't you almost see this little girl watching her mother when she is at home, looking up to the lady she respects and wanting to copy the proper way of walking? Yes it was cute and it made me smile.

I look back over my lifetime and think of all of the interesting things my nephews and nieces have said and they also make me smile. And to think that we were that little and cute once ourselves. Do you look back on fond memories of saying to people "Me and my Dad are dumb," as I used to say when I was unaware of what the meaning was? Or smile when thinking about when you used to fall asleep with a glass of milk in your hand which eventually spilled? Yea, that was  me too.

So, as you go about your day today or the rest of this week/year, keep an eye on those crazy kids because they just might give you something to smile about.

Smile until your face hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment